Piko Message Boards
Welcome to Piko Message Boards :D
Piko Message Boards
Welcome to Piko Message Boards :D
Piko Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Piko Message Boards

Doki doki

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Childhood TV shows?

Go down 
+4
Azurith
semuke
Shichi
Anny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female
Number of posts : 878
Job/Hobbies : Student who wants to get into art, loves to draw, listen to music, read, and mock things.
Humor : Sarcastic, generally goofy and absurdist. :D
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Childhood TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:33 pm

:'D Before going to sleep 6-7 hours ago, Azu and I somehow got onto the topic of a TV show that we used to watch as little childrens.

So I was wondering what did you watch when you were a kid? :'D Were a PBS buff and watched Arthur? Or did you go onto Cartoon Network and watch the good ol' Cartoon Cartoons? How about Saturday morning cartoons too?
Back to top Go down
http://anny-chan.deviantart.com
Shichi
Jesus
Jesus
Shichi

Female
Number of posts : 1352
Job/Hobbies : bum/AIM
Humor : adhuuuuuuuuur :B~~~

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:12 am

Hmm.. I watched Nick cartoons, the were win..
Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers (♥♥♥), Doug, AHH! Real Monsters... Ummm.. Let's see.... A few more that I can't remember :B
Nick shows too, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Salute Your Shorts (Jack Spiceeeeeeeeeeer 8D), Are You Afraid of the Dark, Hey Dude, Pete and Pete, All That, Kenan and Kel... And maaaaad more that I'm forgetting XD;;;
D8 I miss mah old school shows~
Back to top Go down
http://shichininslasher.deviantart.com
semuke
Worshipers
semuke

Female
Number of posts : 963
Job/Hobbies : Unfamous author
Humor : Silly
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:52 am

My favorite childhood cartoons were David the Gnome and The Lil' Bits that aired on Nick early in the morning right after each other.

Space Cases was awesome too, it was my favorite live action show at the time that used to play on Snick's schedule. Too bad they took it off the air. :/
Back to top Go down
http://semuke.deviantart.com
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female
Job/Hobbies : Student who wants to get into art, loves to draw, listen to music, read, and mock things.

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 am

Shichi wrote:
Hmm.. I watched Nick cartoons, the were win..
Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers (♥♥♥), Doug, AHH! Real Monsters... Ummm.. Let's see.... A few more that I can't remember :B
Nick shows too, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Salute Your Shorts (Jack Spiceeeeeeeeeeer 8D), Are You Afraid of the Dark, Hey Dude, Pete and Pete, All That, Kenan and Kel... And maaaaad more that I'm forgetting XD;;;
D8 I miss mah old school shows~
:'D I miss Kenan and Kel hardcore, and the old cast of All That! ♥ Angry Beavers, though I did catch that at my uncle's house last year on Nick2.

8D I liekz me Cow and Chicken on Cartoon Network. And Mike, Lu and Og. And I absolutely adored Animaniacs, Histeria! and Freakazoid. :3
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Job/Hobbies : Hobo animator
Humor : Azu is a pedo-rapist....you better run
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:21 pm

Haha how depressin most of those titlez you guyz have mentioned I don't even kno of :< Deprived childhood, DAMN YOU CABLE D8

Hnn I was mostly a PBS child and KidsWB child back when since I didn't have the such of Cartoon Network, Disney channel, and Nick : | (Well I did for like....3 yearz or sumthin then had no more calbe) I was like totally in love with Arthur XD Like I seriously only stopped watchin that in like 9th grade I think :B Like the last ep I saw of it they were swearin, everythin was bleeped out XD (I'M NOT CRAZY, THERE REALLY IS AN EP OF THAT) There was also Dragon Tales and Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat....I'm pretty sure there were more but I forgot :B; Sesame Street was not one of them thou, Big Bird kinda terrified me back then XD
Hmm there'z also AHH! Real monsterz, Doug, Pepper Ann, Angry Beaverz, Ren and Stimpy, Beavus and Butthead or however it'z spelt XD;, Do The Simpsons count? I watched that way back when too :0 I also watched Rugratz (which I'm MAD at them for growin up D:< ) and omg Bill Nye The Science guy! Of course there was also ZOOM! <3333 Aaah how I wished I was one of those kidz D:

AAAAH AND BIG COMFY COUCH WAS MY LOVE <333333333 : D I use to dig into my couch and hide thingz there and do the clock stretch with Luna :'D I loooved Major Bedhead (OMFG I'm just gettin what his name meanz NOW XD;;; I suck) I swear this show only added to my want to be part of the circus when I was lil :'D Omg the dustbunniez <333

I think I watched Zoom and Big Comfy Couch religiously XD XD XD Refused to miss iiiiiit

Can we also count Pokemon and Digimon? And Yuugiouuu D: I remember wakin up early for Digimon <3333 Back then I really couldn't catch much Yuugiou on TV cuz it'd come one RIGHT when I had to leave for Saturday dance classez >____>; And there was Escaflowne until they took it off air XD What were they thinkin tryin to turn that into a kidz show
And how bout old school Jackie Chan adventurez? <33 I havn't seen any of the newer epz

Long post is long D8 I'm missin a hella lot of thingz up there I'm sure
Back to top Go down
http://azurith.mangabullet.com
Desademonosa
Worshipers
Desademonosa

Female
Number of posts : 770
Location : In a bright orange straight jacket drinking her goddamn tea
Job/Hobbies : student
Humor : Perverted

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:16 pm

I remember watching a lot and before Pokemon got banned in my middle school during 7th grade, I used to watch that..xD that and I used to watch Sailor moon back when it was cool. (though it still is ;D )
Back to top Go down
http://lil-desa.deviantart.com
+Seni+
Worshipers
+Seni+

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:30 pm

Angry Beavers was one of my favorites! I also loved Dexter's Lab, Rocko's Modern Life, and probably the Powerpuff Girls. I used to watch ANgel with my mom even though it scared the crap out of me XD

I was the biggest pokemon/digimon/Sailor Moon fan at my school back in the day XD Then pokemon cards got banned at my elementary school ._.
Back to top Go down
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:45 pm

8D We snuck in cards at my school, even though they were banned. Same thing happened with YGO cards.

XD I used to watch a lot of SM/Digimon/Pokémon/DBZ. And if I remember correctly, I was obsessed over Tenchi Muyo (I even got my uncle to buy me the dubbed OST), and I absolutely adored Reboot. Very Happy And on KidsWB it was Generation O!
Back to top Go down
+Seni+
Worshipers
+Seni+

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:52 pm

I watched DBZ when I was seven and I had no idea what was going on XD I remember the andriods ut that's pretty much it XD
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Oh the card banninz XD That was fun 8'D We were like those people who sell drugz on the sidewalkz, tradin our pokemon cardz practically infront of teacherz XD I didn't kno Yuugiou cardz were banned :0 Prob cuz I was out of grade school by the time that happened?

I never really watched Sailor Moon when I was lil XD Steph did, but not me :B; (OMG TENCHI MUYO YES!!!! ) There was also Ranma 1/2 and Slayerz : D <333333 Omfg yes Slayerz <33333
Back to top Go down
+Seni+
Worshipers
+Seni+

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Kids used to come to my school with shoe boxes full of pokemon cards they'd sit in a corner on the playground and trade them 'cause we weren't very good at battling XD

I used to watch Tenchi~ I didn't really understand what they were doing but I go excited whenever they fought someone or something XD
Back to top Go down
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 11:13 pm

XD At my school, it was all about having the rare cards. The fact that there was a card shop three minutes down the street did not help whatsoever. Oh Norm, why did you have to get busted for selling drugs and smuggling? :'D

And everything was banned. Hell, they even banned the monkeybars. :'D

I really really liked Zaboomafoo. :3 I was watching it at my uncle's house a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
semuke
Worshipers
semuke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 11:27 pm

As long as we're talking about anime, my first anime ever was Ronin Warriors a.k.a Samurai Troopers when it was on the Sci-Fi channel when I was thirteen. Then Sailor Moon came a little bit later (I forget which station though, either KidsWB or something like that). Yes, I had to be different. =P

I also watched Slayers, Sorcerer Hunters, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yugioh, the original Dragonball and DBZ too.

So yeah, that started my ten years of anime fandom. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:45 am

OMG OMG OMG ZABOOMAFOO!! How the hell did I forget that one?! ;_____; Ahhhhh I loved that crazy lemur <333

And wtf monkeybarz were banned? XD Well not that they could be banned at my grade school, we didnt have them on our playground :B;

Omg and Monster Rancher, really how the hell'd I forget that one what with Jerr in his current craze for it lately XD

I remember when Sailor Moon came out on KidsWB but it was the year of 9/11 so when I tried to watch it, it was alwayz cut for the newz on the trade center :B Then when they finally started showin TV showz again, it was off the air D:< damn newz
Back to top Go down
semuke
Worshipers
semuke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:27 am

Monster Rancher was adorable and interesting. I can't believe it got accused of being a rip off of Digimon and Pokemon just because it has monsters in it. It had its own unique story, damn it! >>

Hm, Sailor Moon must've been on a different channel that I'm forgetting then because I remember watching it way before the 9/11 incident and I was still pretty young. If you can call early teens young. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:43 am

When 9/11 happened, I remember being disgruntled because it was the daily showing of Digimon and they cut it off! D:

Monster Rancher was love. :3 I so totally watched Medabots, Beyblade, that crazy show with the pig as a pet, and Shinzo. XD I remember being really mad at the ending for Shinzo though.
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 8:34 am

semuke wrote:
Monster Rancher was adorable and interesting. I can't believe it got accused of being a rip off of Digimon and Pokemon just because it has monsters in it. It had its own unique story, damn it! >>

Hm, Sailor Moon must've been on a different channel that I'm forgetting then because I remember watching it way before the 9/11 incident and I was still pretty young. If you can call early teens young. ^^;

I never knew it wa accused of bein a rip off :0

I believe it was on a different channel before like when I was really lil and then it went off air for a while then KidsWB started playin it again :B;

Ahhr they cut off so many thingz cuz of 9/11 D:< I hated the TV durin all that :B

Ah yes Medabotz : D I watched that as much I could but again, dance killed a lot of my Sat cartoonz :<
Show with crazy pig as pet = Tokyo Pig or sumthin like that? :0 They could've changed the title here thou :B;;;
Ahhh I remember Shinzo from sumwhere D: Never seen it thou...Wasn't it on like Nick or Disney or sumthin?
Back to top Go down
Rashka
Worshipers
Rashka

Female
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 11:09 pm

I absolutely loved Sailor Moon growing up. It's what got me into writing and drawing and anime. I don't think I'd have pursued art if I hadn't been obsessed with drawing it. I'm gonna get a Sailor Moon inspired tattoo sometime
Back to top Go down
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 6:05 pm

I remember losing teeth while watching Sailor Moon R. :'D Good old times, good old times.

8D Being the loser I am, I looked up an old old show I used to watch during the weekends. I really really miss Big Wolf On Campus. XD
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 2:42 am

:0! I think I've heard of that show...not sure... I kno I havn't seen it thou XD

HOW BOUT KIRBY? 8D ....Does that count? :B
Back to top Go down
halcyonnights
Apostle
Apostle
halcyonnights

Female
Number of posts : 381
Job/Hobbies : Heroin
Humor : VULGAR AND CRUDE

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:55 am

Rashka wrote:
I absolutely loved Sailor Moon growing up. It's what got me into writing and drawing and anime. I don't think I'd have pursued art if I hadn't been obsessed with drawing it. I'm gonna get a Sailor Moon inspired tattoo sometime

I never could decide what to get for a tattoo.
Now I know. Razz

Haha, I get a TV channel that plays all the old Nick shows. :'D
Back to top Go down
http://poseinposen.blogspot.com
Rashka
Worshipers
Rashka

Female
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm

I'm getting the planetary symbols around my ankle and tapering onto my foot. A little tribute without being like "OMG SAILOR MOON" ^_^
Back to top Go down
Azurith
God
God
Azurith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:22 am

I just saw this icon on GreatestJournal an wondered how the hell I forgot about this show...

Duuude freakin Bananaz in Pajamaz, anyone? D8
Back to top Go down
Anny
Jesus
Jesus
Anny

Female

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 2:39 am

BANANAS IN PAJAMAS. O___o I can't believe I forgot that either!

:'D I watched Friends every day a couple of years ago at 6:30 on channel 9.
Back to top Go down
Shichi
Jesus
Jesus
Shichi

Female
Number of posts : 1352
Job/Hobbies : bum/AIM
Humor : adhuuuuuuuuur :B~~~

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 9:01 pm

djfalskdjglakd love love love love
*hums theme song* wtf XDD show of win~!
Back to top Go down
http://shichininslasher.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood TV shows?   Childhood TV shows? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Childhood TV shows?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Piko Message Boards :: General :: Media-